MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE – 2008
Elder Jim & Sister Pat Hartzell -- Japan Tokyo Mission, 4-25-12 Nishi Ochiai, Shinjuku-ku Tokyo-to, 161-0031 Japan phone #011-81-3-3952-6802
We can’t believe we are writing this year’s Christmas letter from Japan! For many of you who have taken the journey with us, what we have done this past year is not new. For some, you will be very surprised. We feel that this is the year of HOW MUCH!!
· We enjoyed Christmas in our new home in Payson, even with lots of snow to shovel
· We loved being with our children and grandchildren last New Years
· We enjoyed living with Christi, Shawn, Lucas, and Abby when they moved into our home
· We enjoyed having two of our children and their families, and many family and friends at our Mission Farewell
· We felt the Spirit when we were set apart for our mission
· We have learned this past year about missions
· We enjoyed our training at the MTC in March
· We have enjoyed getting to know and work with Pres. and Sister Hill
· We have laughed with and loved the dear missionaries we get to work with each day
· We have learned about mission office work, both secretarial and financial
· We have appreciated God’s help when we were struggling and looking for answers and he answered our prayers
· We love Japan—what a beautiful country it is, even the hustle and bustle of Tokyo!
· The subway and trains can be filled with people (sardines in cans have more space during rush hour!!!)
· The people of Japan can be kind and helpful
· The member of the Nakano Ward have made us feel welcome and loved
· Things cost here (sometimes twice as much as America)
· We still want to learn and do and experience
· We love their parks in the middle of the city, all over the city—so well-planned and cared for
· We have learned in the different museums we have toured
· We enjoy seeing all the different Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines
· We love the peace and reverent feelings in the Tokyo Temple—truly an island of calm in the midst of a city of constant activity
· This year has flown by
· We are glad for the technology that allows us to Skype with our family every week
· We enjoy hearing about the adventures of the:
Brent & Becca Hartzell family with Isaiah, James, & Noah—3 yrs, Malachi—21 mo. , Elijah—7 mo.
Larry & Holly Hartzell family with Gary—4, and Bram—2
Joseph & Shanna Hartzell family with Nolan—2, and Shanna’s surrogacy pregnancy
Christi & Shawn Boyles family with Lucas—6 and Abby—3
Shelley & Derek Dean family with Edison—2 and Stewart—4 months
· We have enjoyed sharing the last year with so many of our family and friends
· We have loved getting your encouraging and supportive emails
· The Lord blesses those who serve Him—He has certainly blessed us this past year!!!
We wish you all a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
We love you all very much—
Elder & Sister Hartzell (Jim & Pat)